Tuesday 16 March 2010

Natsukashiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

A friend of mine, who doesn't own a huge ginger mastiff, recently brought one round for supper.  We were chatting hard enough not to notice that it had wandered upstairs and had eventually found its way into the bathroom, where R had absolutely not been expecting it.  The memory of his yell has kept me going in uncontrollable chuckling for weeks. 

However, when I was still giggling into the fifth week, someone gently reprimanded me for my "puerile English humour".

I'm not sure that English humour can be described as a single concept, nor whether it be truly fair to call it puerile.  But if it is, then we are in good company with the Japanese.


What price occasional puerility at the end of a day?! I miss Japan.

3 comments:

  1. Made me laugh out loud. And am now chuckling about R and the giant dog...brilliant.

    ReplyDelete
  2. sounds like we had her for supper.... she would make quite a meal....

    ReplyDelete
  3. omg, I can't believe how funny that was. Right up my alley. Giant snowballs and boulders - fabulous!!

    Have you seen the movie Dodgeball? I laugh too hard when they are throwing wrenches during training. "If you can dodge a wrench, you can dodge a ball."

    ReplyDelete